Construction contracts can be an expensive nightmare if you lack an understanding of the terms specified in the contract. This one-day workshop takes a deep dive into the four most well-known and used contracts in the New Zealand construction industry.
This workshop is aimed at business professionals who use contracts in their day to day roles. This course will improve participants overall understanding of the contract process, and provide important information around the management and administration of construction contracts.
Poor Contract Management Costs Companies 9% – Bottom Line
What you'll learn
This course will improve participants overall understanding of the contract process, and provide important information around the management and administration of construction contracts.
- Increase understanding of construction contracts in New Zealand.
- Become familiar with the characteristics and practical application of NZS series 3910, 3915, 3916 and 3917.
- Gain knowledge and skills to improve contract communications, manage change and variation control, and effectively manage the project control group.
What's included in the course
- Classroom course: 1 day of interactive classroom training
- Virtual course: 6 hours interactive online classroom training
- Attendance certificate
- Course material
- Morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Over 20 FREE Project Management templates
No formal prerequisites, although a familiarity with a project environment would be beneficial.
- Construction managers and workers
- Project Managers
- Technical Specialists
- Project Team Members
- Construction Contracts – Background and Introduction
- Contract options and forms
- The NZ3910-5-6-7 series vs NEC series
- Characteristics, features, advantages and disadvantages of each series
- Practical application and requirement to use the NZ 3910-5-6 series
- Basic contract law
- Fair and reasonable approaches to contracting
- Practical tips in adopting construction contracts
The NZS 3910-15-16-17 Series
- In depth review of each contract form
- Examine the meaning and application of each form
- Review the roles and responsibilities of the Engineer to Contract / Engineers
- Representative / Project Manager
- Contract definitions and terms
Managing Contracts (NZ3910-5-6-7)
- Day to day management of the contracts
- Top 5 daily aspects Project Managers need to consider when managing contracts
- Contract and project reporting options and considerations
- Contract communications
- Change management and variation control
- Programme Management
- Project Control Group Management
Participants can claim the PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) after completing this course.
One hour of training = 1 PDU.
Training Delivery Options and Schedule
In-class training offers the richest training environment for knowledge sharing. This is the highest level of facilitator-student and student-student interaction makes for truly engaging learning.
Our classrooms are small and interactive, delegates get an opportunity to emerge themselves in the learning environment and network at the same time.
Our highly skilled trainers will cover everything you need to know so that you have a better understanding of NZ Contract Management.
Duration: 1 day of interactive classroom-led training.
Location: Courses available around New Zealand and Australia.
Corporate and in-house training available anywhere in New Zealand, Australia and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
Course schedule - Register here
No training course in your area? Let us know, we’re happy to set something up.
Offering the same professional service as our in-class delivery, a virtual classroom is a facilitated, live and online classroom environment suitable for dispersed organisations and remote team members or individuals.
The Virtual Classroom training is delivered at the highest level and delegates will receive quality live and online training.
Our highly skilled trainers will cover everything you need to know so that you have a better understanding of NZ Contract management.
Duration: The training is presented as 2 x 3 hour sessions.
- Anywhere with an internet connection.
- Internet connection: The bandwidth requirements to have a seamless video and audio experience is 2.0 Mbps (up and down). Test your internet speed here: www.speedtest.net
- You will also need a computer with a video camera and headphones
Course schedule - Register here
No training course available? Let us know, we’re happy to set something up.
Due to the ‘hands on’ nature of this training, on-demand Contract Management Training is not available through Millpond.