Contract Management in NZ Construction
Increase Capability, Reduce Waste and Enhance Efficiency by managing NZS series 3910, 3915, 3916 and 3917 contracts well
Poor Contract Management Costs Companies 9% – Bottom Line
Source: World Commerce & Contracting
Improve your understanding of the terms specified in construction contracts to avoid expensive nightmares.
A deep dive into the four most well-known and used contracts in the New Zealand commercial construction industry for business professionals who use the NZS39 Series of contracts in their day to day roles.
Increase your knowledge of the contract process and learn important information around the management and administration of the ‘works contracts’ for the provision of constructing buildings and infrastructure.
This training course is perfect for:
Construction Managers and workers
Project Team Members
Download our Construction Contract Management Course Brochure (PDF)
- Increase capability and understanding of construction contracts for the provision of works, services and products to construct / build a facility of infrastructure (vertical / horizontal infrastructure) in New Zealand.
- Become familiar with the characteristics and practical application of New Zealand Construction Contracts NZS3910, 3915, 3916 and 3917 2013 versions, and the differences between the new 2023 versions and those you may be more familiar with.
- Learn about the six elements of a construction contract:
- General Conditions of Contract
- Special Conditions of Contract
- Scope of Work
- Schedule of Prices
- Gain knowledge and skills to improve contract communications, to manage change and variation control, and effectively manage the project control group.
What's included in the course
- One day (6 hours) of interactive classroom training
- Attendance certificate
- Downloadable course materials
- Over 20 FREE Project Management templates
- Catering (classroom-based courses only)
Construction Contracts – Background and Introduction
- Contract options and forms
- The NZ3910-5-6-7 series vs NEC series
- Characteristics, features, advantages and disadvantages of each series
- Practical application and requirement to use the NZ 3910-5-6 series
- Basic contract law
- Fair and reasonable approaches to contracting
- Practical tips in adopting construction contracts
The NZS 3910-15-16-17 Series
- In depth review of each contract form
- Examine the meaning and application of each form
- Review the roles and responsibilities of the Engineer to Contract / Engineers
- Representative / Project Manager
- Contract definitions and terms
Managing Contracts (NZ3910-5-6-7)
- Day to day management of the contracts
- Top 5 daily aspects Project Managers need to consider when managing contracts
- Contract and project reporting options and considerations
- Contract communications
- Change management and variation control
- Programme Management
- Project Control Group Management
Why Train with Millpond
Millpond has been supporting project managers across Asia-Pacific to develop their Project Management skills since 2008. Having trained thousands from a wide range of industries, Millpond has the right tools to help you.
Our courses are small and interactive, delegates get an opportunity to immerse themselves in the learning environment and to network at the same time.
Our highly skilled trainers will cover everything you need to know so that you have a better understanding of NZ Contract Management.
Management Capability Development Fund Voucher
This course (excluding exam fees) is registered with the Management Capability Development Funding programme.
Businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers. The Management Capability Development Funding helps business owners to access business training services, by providing them with up to a 50% subsidy towards the registered service cost.
For more information on the Management Capability Development fund voucher programme or to find your local Regional Business Partner please visit the RBP website and register today.
Thu 1 Aug - Fri 2 Aug
2 mornings, Thurs & Fri 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Virtual and Online
Not quite what you’re looking for?