- Posted by: Mike Roberts
- Category: Blog
The PMP® exam – what has changed:
- 42% PEOPLE
• emphasizing the skills and activities associated with effectively leading a project team
- 50% PROCESS
• reinforcing the technical aspects of managing a project
- 8% BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
• highlighting the connection between projects and organization strategy
Growth of Agile
The format of the PMP Exam has also changed;
- 180 questions (the previous exam was 200) but the same number of questions will be scored
- 230 minutes (3 hrs 50 mins) to complete the exam
- One additional break for a total of two 10-minute breaks.
- Questions will be a combination of multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching, hotspot and limited fill-in-the-blank.
The Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam has been updated to ensure it reflects up-to-date practices and equips project managers with the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in today’s modern project environments.
PMP® exam – what has not changed:
- World’s leading Project Management credential
- 1m+ certification holders worldwide across >200 countries
- Minimum prerequisite for working at the experienced practitioner level in many roles and industries
- Indicates a solid foundation of readily applicable and current project management knowledge
- Exam outline is based on a detailed Job Task Analysis, refreshed every 5-7 years.
- Pearson VUE hosted exam;
- Examination Centre
- Online Proctored
- Paper based (rare)
- Valid for three years
- 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) every three years
- PMP Exam Eligibility has not changed
If you’d like to complete your PMP exam preparation training with us, you can find further details here of our upcoming courses. Or if you’d like more information on the updated exam content outline, further details can be found on the PMI website here
Pearson VUE Testing centres in NZ who offer the PMP® exam
- Auckland: ELA – University of Auckland and Northland Polytech
- Wellington: The Campbell Institute and Massey University
- Lower Hutt: WelTec
- Christchurch: Ara Institute of Canterbury and Auldhouse
- Invercargill: Southern Institute of Technology
Best of luck with your certification and your projects!