- Posted by: Bronwyn Wyatt
Do you have excellent administration skills? function well in an autonomous environment and keen on assisting in the management of a small business? We are looking for someone who is customer focused with a keen interest in marketing.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small team and take an integral role as our organisation grows and our need for administration increases.
About the role
We are seeking a Christchurch based, part-time business professional to join our growing team. This position assumes an administration point of contact for current and prospective clients, with a strong marketing and communications focus. This role will suit someone with experience in the administration of a business and seeking a challenge and who may be re-entering the workforce.
Reporting to the Shared Services Manager, this role will be an integral part of the team. The role will be based in our central Christchurch office, with flexibility to work remotely.
This role is responsible for representing the company in a highly professional and customer focused manner.
Duties include general administration, financial and course administration, registrations and event management, along with sales and marketing activities.
A highly varied and hands-on role seeking a creative self-starter motivated by an internal drive to succeed, able to take ownership and initiative.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a client facing environment
- Prior exposure to Project Management
- The ability to work autonomously
- Be a friendly, hard-working, client-focused, tech savvy and creative business professional. An all-rounder with the ability to multi-task and wear several different hats in different scenarios
- Have a keen eye for detail to reconcile payments and invoices, spot inconsistencies and improve processes.
- A high degree of interpersonal ability to keep your cool in dealing with clients, delegates and industry professionals.
- High degree of IT literacy with ability to use/ learn a range of online tools and software.
- Advanced skill level across the Microsoft Office suite – in particular MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint but also Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Experience with online marketing tools and software including Mailchimp, WordPress, LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Skilled marketer/wordsmith with the ability to craft relevant yet catchy social media updates, newsletters and website updates.
- Financial whizz who can navigate Xero for invoicing, billing and reconciliations.
- Experience with event management and associated logistics.
Required Work Ethic
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively and efficiently
- A strong sense of responsibility
- Takes initiative
- Committed to learning new skills
- Passion for delivering quality
- Management or Commerce preferred
- Casual part-time
- Approx 2 days per week starting December 2021
- Dependent on experience
Benefits and perks
- Be part of a small yet awesome team, while gaining experience in the day-to-day operations of running a business
- The supportive environment, strong team ethos and commitment to you will boost your professional development & career aspirations
- Learn a wealth of Project Management best practice!
If this sounds like you please get in touch, applications close 26 November 2021.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency.