About the role
Millpond is looking for talented project professionals who represent the best of project delivery and consulting. We engage across a variety of sectors and high-profile clients within Christchurch and across New Zealand and Australia.
You’ll need to be a self-starter who is capable of juggling multiple engagements. You are not one to be micro-managed, you think on your feet, and apply good practice and common sense. Integrity is your backbone.
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to work with some great colleagues and clients, we’d love to hear from you!
Candidates can look forward regular interaction with clients, dive into diverse and stimulating projects, and be part of a supportive and nurturing team that is always ready to guide and mentor. Additionally, leverage your expertise and knowledge to explore captivating consulting and training engagements.
Key responsibilities include;
- Delivering quality outcomes to clients as a senior consultant at a level where client satisfaction results in repeat business and the enhancement of Millpond’s reputation.
- Will likely be overseeing more than one project at a time, and projects that are complex in nature.
- Has a proven and thorough understanding of best practice project management processes and applies these as required.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of Millpond’s business plans
- Develops existing and new key customer relationships and works with Business Line Leads to establish an ongoing pipeline of work for themselves and other Millpond consultants.
- Leading a team to implement and achieve agreed engagement outcomes.
Skills / Experience
We firmly believe in hiring the person – personality and attitude are key, technical competencies can be trained. The role will suit someone with previous project management, and ideally consulting, experience;
- At least 10 years’ experience in the delivery of complex IT/Digital projects and programmes.
- Has proven and thorough understanding of best practice project management processes and applies these as required.
- Well respected in your industry, you will be a “Thought Leader” and well-networked.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and building peers’ capability.
- Commercially savvy with excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- A collaborative, open-minded, lead by example style combined with a good sense of humour.
- Behaviour driven by Millpond’s core values of Collaboration, Challenge, Leadership, Integrity, and Dependable.
If you’re interested in taking a career leap and joining a vibrant and fun-loving team, apply now.