The Project Management Techniques is an introduction to Professional Project Management and is perfect for anyone who is new to the profession, or needs a refresher on best practice in the industry.
This course is designed to familiarise business professionals with project management knowledge and skills for both technical and administrative projects.
Enhance your project management planning, delivery, scheduling, controlling, customer service, interface knowledge, techniques, and skills.
- Understand the foundational concepts of Project Management
- Determine goals, objectives, and requirements of a project
- Implement and maintain project baselines through effective Scope, Time, and Cost management
- Determine appropriate Quality and Risk Management practices
- Apply people leadership skills to projects
- Engaging in and managing contracts
- Establish guidelines for successful closeouts
- 14 hours of classroom training
- Attendance certificate (14 PDUs)
- Course material
- Morning & afternoon tea and lunch
- Over 20 FREE Project Management Templates
- Student workbook
- FREE Professional Project Management textbook
Details about the training
- New and emerging Project Managers
- Managers, Technical Specialists and Project Team Members
Duration: 2 days classroom-led training
Public training available around New Zealand:
- New Plymouth
- Palmerston North
Corporate training available anywhere in New Zealand and the rest of Asia Pacific.
Minimum numbers apply.
- Introduction to professional Project Management
- Foundations of Project Management
- Project Life-cycle (Initiating, Planning, Executing and Controlling, Closing)
- Scope, Time and Cost Management
- Risk, Quality, Procurement Management
- People Management & Leadership
- Stakeholder, Communications and Change Management
No available dates in your area? Contact us to talk about in-house delivery or joining a waiting list.
No formal prerequisites, although a familiarity with a project environment would be beneficial
Participants can claim 14 PDUs (Professional Development Units) with the Project Management Institute (PMI) after completing this course.
Please contact us directly for offline registrations and group bookings.