- IT Infrastructure Project Management – network, server, desktop
- Software Application Project Management
- Project Governance
- Change Management
- Information Technology
- Retail Distribution
- BCom – University of Canterbury
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment – Securities Institute of Australia
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Mike has over 20 years’ experience working in the IT and Finance industries in roles ranging from Department Management, Business Analysis, Project Management and Operations. He has successfully completed leadership roles in both the private and government sector and brings experience gained working in Christchurch, London and Sydney.
Recent engagements include:
- Managed the Windows 10 project of roll-out to Farmlands corporate offices in Christchurch and Dunedin.
- Managed a Selection and Implementation project of an Alumni system – CiviCRM for St Bede’s College fundraising appeal to rebuild the school chapel.
- Ran the Disaster Recovery Plan for South Canterbury Finance during the Christchurch earthquake with zero system outage. Managed the relocation of all Christchurch staff to new office space.
While working for BP Oil International, London Mike outsourced the support of critical systems to Infosys, India. Over a 6-month period Mike trained staff based in London and India to do the daily support of business support systems used in the London trading room.
Mikes proven ability to lead and produce results from teams in times of stress demonstrates the ability to stay composed, focused and to handle situations to ensure the job gets done.
Mike has completed the Coast to Coast twice. He also has an unwavering desire to deliver quality. This is most graphically demonstrated in his attempts to cook the perfect beef fillet on the BBQ!