Principal Consultant – Wellington
Millpond have been in business for over 10 years and are a well-respected and trusted brand servicing a wide range of clients. Over the past 6 months we have been working hard to shift gears, we’ve challenged our vision and adjusted our focus. We now have a number of opportunities for new people to join us and help take Millpond to the next level.
A ‘millpond’ is a pond that powers a mill. A calm body of water that provides the energy to drive the mill’s wheel and therefore its’ operations.
At Millpond we want to create the same dynamic for our clients. By creating clarity and calm across projects, we help create the momentum to move an organisation forward, through the provision of a range of project management services and training and to help them achieve key business outcomes.
In this permanent Wellington based role you will be part of the management team. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a company wide change initiative with the aim of developing a greater consulting driven focus. This is also the chance to make this new role your own.
Key responsibilities include;
- Delivering quality outcomes to clients as a senior consultant at a level where client satisfaction results in repeat business and the enhancement of Millpond’s reputation
- Working with the sales team to deliver new sales opportunities to farm existing clients
- Assisting in the planning and execution of Millpond’s business plans
- Utilising Millpond support and personal networks to grow a local team of consultants (employees and contractors) demonstrated by staff retention and engagement and a vibrant local organisational culture.
- Leading a team to implement and achieve agreed engagement outcomes.
We firmly believe in hiring the person – personality and attitude are key, technical competencies can be trained. The role will suit someone with previous project management, and ideally consulting, experience;
- At least 10 years’ experience in the delivery of complex IT/Digital projects and programmes
- Well respected in your industry, you will be a “Thought Leader” and well-networked
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and developing across people and teams
- Experience in pre-sales activities with a successful track record of business growth
- Commercially savvy with excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- A collaborative, open-minded, lead by example style combined with a good sense of humour
For more information, please contact Justine Alexander on (022) 014 9720 for a confidential discussion or Apply now.