Consultant – Project Management
Millpond is looking for talented project professionals who represent the best of project management – delivery, consulting, and training. We engage across a variety of sectors and high profile clients within Christchurch and across New Zealand and Australia.
You’ll need to be a self-starter who is capable of juggling multiple engagements. You are not one to be micro-managed, you think on your feet, and apply good practice and common sense. Integrity is your backbone.
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to work with some great colleagues and clients, we’d love to hear from you!
Candidates can look forward to regular client contact, varied and challenging projects, and a team happy to support and mentor. Consulting and Training engagements are also available based on appropriate knowledge and expertise.
Key responsibilities include;
- Leading a team to implement and achieve agreed engagement outcomes.
- Delivering results across project management consulting, delivery and/or training opportunities
- Providing feedback to Business Line Leads
- Assisting with business development
- Being involved in internal Millpond-based initiatives, including the sharing of knowledge.
- Developing Technical, Consulting, and Leadership competencies
We firmly believe in hiring the person – personality and attitude are key, technical competencies can be trained. The role will suit someone with previous project management, and ideally consulting, experience;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage credibly with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Client facing and account management talents with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- A solid grasp of best practice project management methods and a pragmatic approach to using them.
- A sense of humour and ‘can do’ attitude.
- A desire to contribute to a growing organisation and to add your own ‘flavour’ to our culture.
- Behaviour driven by Millpond’s core values of Collaboration, Challenge, Leadership, Integrity and Dependable.