- Posted by: James Dobson
- Category: Blog
As June ends and we enter the second half of 2020, it’s time to look back on the past 6 months.
It’s been a pretty forgettable 1/2 year for most, with the small matter of a global pandemic and the ensuing health, socioeconomic and political fallout to deal with. The future is also mired in uncertainty and it feels like for every step forward we are taking at least 1 back, or that the Covid record is skipping!
Millions of words have been written on how best to cope, but to me it’s really simple and a case of looking back at what you have done over recent months. Learn the lessons from the things that haven’t gone to plan and enjoy your successes!
In the words of Oasis, “Don’t look back in anger” at what might have been, but use the recent past as a foundation for the future.
If we take a quick look at what we have delivered here at Millpond over recent months their have been some memorable moments. Three of our recent ‘greatest hits’ include;
- The delivery of a Point of Sale System – This was a really challenging system build and implementation with a sizeable user impact/change component delivered ahead of some really challenging time constraints.
- The implementation of a Telephony and communications solution for one of our Agribusiness clients. Again, the project manager was working in a multi vendor environment to some really tight time and budget constraints and the full solution was delivered within these constraints
- The implementation of a claims management solution. Again, a challenging project involving multiple business units, a US based vendor, very tight timeframes and substantial business change (not to mention the impacts of Covid 19 associated lockdowns!). This project was delivered last weekend and can be classified as our smash hit for the year to date!
These are only a sample of our delivery record of late. Some tracks are more popular than others, but there are a number of common ingredients that our people have to bring to the table…
- Being the voice of the client in dealing with external vendors and a variety of stakeholders
- Providing leadership and focused effort to deliver the required outcome
- Going the extra mile to make things happen – we’re only as good as our last project, so we have a vested interest in a successful outcome
- A philosophy of no surprises and honesty as opposed to saying what we think the client wants to hear!
- and finally learning from mistakes made and making sure that they aren’t repeated over and over like a scratched record.
If you’d like to know more about Millponds ‘greatest hits’ or even some of our ‘B’ side tracks, drop us a line.